Let’s talk about self-care. What do you do, for you? How do you look after yourself? I go to the gym, I eat fresh and healthy food, I make sure I get 8 hours sleep every night and I give myself 5 minutes every now and again.
It’s taken me a while to ensure I look after myself properly. Adulting has been a huge learning curve for me and my self-care. It’s an important thing for any busy schedule. Life gets tough, but so are you!
Two weeks ago, I felt run down, tired and just generally not myself. I knew it was because life had nashed off with me. I’d fallen into the ‘rushed’ life as I like to call it, rushing around here, there, and everywhere, trying to cram as much into my day as I possibly could. Sometimes there just isn’t enough hours in a day is there?
So, I had a good chat with my Mam and had some ME time. I spent a Primark voucher I got at Christmas, I ate my favourite sweets, I lay in bed all day, I watched Friends and I even had a bubble bath with a facemask. And, I felt amazing after it all. After regaining my sanity, I thought why not put together a post on how to do you and look after you? As I’m pretty sure I’m not the only gal who feels like this sometimes!
Midst all of the madness, I received the most amazing self-care package from Combogesic. Combogesic is an effective pain relief tablet that combines the power of paracetamol and ibuprofen to make something stronger than either one alone. So when standard analgesics aren’t enough, you can get fast-acting, powerful relief in one simple tablet. You can even reduce fever and inflammation at the same time too!
Inside I was spoilt with a Spa At Home candle, a Boots gift card, a Vitamasques Tea Tree face mask plus a lavender bath bomb! The perfect recipe for a self-care chill day. Thes goodies came in handy when I had that bubble bath, that’s for sure! The candle smells amazing and bath bomb was lovely on my skin. I felt totally refreshed.
It can be really hard to tune out of life so I thought I’d share my top tips that are really easy to add to your daily routine!
1. Take care of your skin.
2. Spend an hour watching a pointless reality TV, like Ex On The Beach (my guilty pleasure).
3. Lose yourself in a good book.
4. Go for brunch with your Mam, or your boyfriend, or your besties.
5. Get in the kitchen and cook up a storm!
6. Take a long, hot shower or bath. (I prefer baths, but showers make me feel energized!)
7. Stop over-thinking and stop worrying, you can change what’s already happened.
8. Stop comparing yourself to Gym Shark models.
9. Get to the gym.
10. Accept and appreciate what is.
11. Have a social media break.
12. Get outside, get some fresh air in your lugs.
13. Turn up the tunes, get your clubland CD out!
14. Declutter, raid your wardrobes and draws.
15. Get good sleep
16. Treat yourself, but don’t go into your overdraft.
Have you got any tips?