Motivation Max Out? How To Get Your Fitness Mojo Back
Let’s face it, there are times when staying/getting fit can feel like a chore. It’s something we know we have to do, but all too often we don’t want to. Going for runs and eating salads isn’t exactly enticing when we could be binge-watching Netflix and eating burgers. The key to adding some real fun to staying fit is to first accept that fitness is a must. Next, its about staying motivated and interested in fitness in all it’s forms. Here’s how you can do just that…
Why is Fitness A Must?
It’s not just a vanity project, being fit is seriously important for our wellness in general. Countless studies have linked fitness to a better quality of life. An example of this is exercise. Exercising regularly can prevent chronic diseases like heart disease. It can help us to socialize, it can also help to reverse and prevent depression. Even just going for a walk every day is said to increase out social skills, keep us feeling happy and positive, and increase our fitness. See, it’s not just about looking good! If that wasn’t enough, the likes of yoga and meditation are also widely believed to reduce stress levels. Reducing stress can improve our skin, help us to focus and think clearly, and generally improve our happiness.
So it’s clear that our health is important, but that doesn’t mean it can’t feel like a chore. So how do we stay fit and healthy and have fun…
Keeping Motivated and Interested
Being motivated and interested in health and fitness is the main thing. In terms of diet, stay excited about the healthy foods you’re eating. You can do this in a few different ways:
- Why not try out some new recipes each week. Have a look online and select recipes that are healthy but look tasty. This will keep you excited about what you’re eating each day. A common problem is planning healthy meals then when you get to the actual day, changing them because you can’t bear another salad. Nobody expects you to come up with an amazing meal plan on your own, get help from others!
- If you wake up or get to lunch, and you need some motivation to stay on the right track, have a look on Instagram. Following healthy food bloggers is a great way to stay motivated and interested in healthy eating. Be inspired and encouraged by a community of people who all struggle at times but are chasing the same goal.
- Experiment with your meals, and try making desserts! If you have a sweet tooth try making some healthy desserts from scratch. You don’t have to ban treats to stay fit, just adapt them.
Similarly, it can be tough to find the motivation to exercise or do a workout. Some days were tired, fed up, or feel seriously lazy. Here’s how to motivate yourself:
- Don’t stick to the same boring workout. If you’re lucky enough to live near the sea try your hand at some watersports. Paddleboarding is a great way to workout and have fun. Read some stand-up paddle board reviews to learn more about this form of exercise. Similarly workout in a group. This will make you push yourself harder, but also have more fun and look forward to exercising.
- Buy yourself some new workout gear. A new outfit is a great way to motivate yourself. Lay it out the night before and you’ll feel far more motivated in the morning.