I can’t believe I’m 22 this month! I still feel 18 deep down in my soul. The 18-year-old party gal who went out every weekend drank copious treble vodka red bull’s and didn’t have a care in the world.
In reality, my 18th birthday was 4 years ago now and well, now I feel like a married woman with a career. If I even so much as smell a treble vodka red bull it instantly makes me wretch and I actually couldn’t think of anything worse than stopping out till 5 am every weekend. I feel so adult-y. I wouldn’t swap my current situation for any of my past though, I’m very content with my life.
I feel like it was only yesterday that I learnt to drive, left sixth form and got myself a job but it was actually AGES, years, ago now. I say this all the time but time really does fly by when you’re growing up! Being an adult is 100% so overrated but it does come with its perks, like being able to buy alcohol whenever you want!
I realise I’m an adult when I find myself getting excited over candles, new pillows, nights in and nice wine. I think to myself, how did this happen?! When did I become a granny?!
I’ve learnt tons in the last three years of being officially in my 20’s (god that sounds weird!). I’ve made a hella’ lot of mistakes, learnt so many lessons and most importantly matured into a young woman, if I do say so myself.
I thought I’d put together a post on the important (some not so important) things I’ve learnt so far on my journey to adulthood so here ya’ go…
1. Appreciate time. Sometimes you will never know the value of a moment until it becomes a memory.
2. Craig David has the voice of God. This Is: Craig David playlist on Spotify is the ultimate mood lifter playlist. You won’t regret downloading it!
3. The Spice Girls taught me how to deal with heartbreak, massively.
4. Your Mam will forever be your best friend and soul mate.
5. Some people aren’t who you think they are. They don’t have the same intentions as you and they will shit on you and then you just have to pick yourself up and move on.
6. Beans on toast is the ultimate comfort food.
7. It’s less important to have loads of friends and more important to REAL ones.
8. Everything happens for a reason! When one door closes another one opens.
9. My figure will never be the same as it was when I was 18.
10. Getting 8 hours sleep is so important!
11. Being in a relationship makes you gain weight.
12. Exercise is amazing for your mental health.
13. It’s crucial to have a pack of 6 mini original Babybels in your fridge!
14. It’s not embarrassing to buy tampons, no one’s gonna’ judge you or stare at you in Asda.
15. You can’t please or be liked by everyone. #hatersgonhate.
16. Happiness is the most important thing in life.
17. Having a savings account is very a very sensible thing to have. It’s handy and useful for those rainy days, like when you need a new tyre.
18. It’s not the end of the world when you crash your car.
19. Be who you are and say what you feel, because those who mind don’t matter and those who matter don’t mind.
19. There’s more to life than social media, those gals with the tight abs, tanned bodies and teeny waists do not exist in real life. Don’t compare yourself!
20. Be fearless in the pursuit of what set your soul on fire.
21. Never give up on something you really want.
22. Having a bath will solve all of your problems.