Last week I just felt a bit meh. I was incredibly hormonal and generally not feeling my happy, bubbly, fun, self. On Tuesday morning when it was time to face reality after a long sunny bank holiday weekend I honestly could have cried. All I wanted to do was curl up in a ball and watch TOWIE all day and I never get like that. I never get upset at the prospect of having to ‘do today’.
I’m usually such a motivated person who bounces out of bed in the morning. Sometimes it just feels so hard to not let everything get on top of you. Do you ever feel like that? Being a strong independent woman is hard sometimes. *insert sass emoji*
I eventually told myself to get a grip and managed to make it through the week, despite feeling 80% utterly miserable. I picked myself as I always do and I carried on. I had some ‘me’ time, I put on a face mask, I dragged myself for a run, I had a cuddle, I ate chocolate, binged watched Sam Faiers The Mummy Diaries and I even booked me and the Mr a night away for next bank holiday weekend to celebrate our 2 year anniversary. Go me!
I was extremely pleased to see the back of last week if I’m honest and to have a few cocktails with my girlfriends on Saturday! Today is a new day, this is a new week and anything is possible! I thought I’d put a post together on my top 10 quotes that get me through those bad days because let’s face it, we all scroll through Pinterest for motivation and inspo on those types days, don’t we?!
1. Your peace is more important than driving yourself crazy trying to understand why something happened the way it did. Let it go.
2. Never regret anything that has happened in your life, it cannot be changed, undone or forgotten so take it as a lesson learned and move on.
3. If you have good thoughts, they will shine out of your face like sunbeams and you will always look lovely.
4. The trick is that as long as you know who you are and what makes you happy, it doesn’t matter how others see you.
5. It all begins and ends in your mind. What you give power to, has power over you. If you allow it.
6. Just always be the better person. And make your intentions pure. What and who you are is what you’ll attract, what you’ll maintain. Pain is inevitable and it will always exist, but if you focus on understanding what you are feeling and why you are feeling it, you’ll overcome it.
7. The best kind of friendships are fierce lady friendships where you aggressively believe in each other, defend each other, and think the other deserves the world.
8. It’s not what we have in life, but who we have in our life that matters.
9. You are allowed to terminate toxic relationships. You are allowed to walk away from people who hurt you. You are allowed to be angry and selfish and unforgiving. You don’t owe anyone an explanation for taking care of yourself.
10. Time is too valuable to be wasted on anything less than love, good vibes and happiness.