Primark Beauty Haul
I’ve been constantly busy these past few weeks and haven’t really had a couple of minutes alone so last night I decided to make a date with myself at the Metro Centre and have some ME time. I needed to get a few last minute things for Paris and some euros so what a perfect excuse!
My intentions when I went into Primark were to just get a few bits and bobs including some new boots, a make-up bag and a new purse but as always I ended up spending a small fortune and going over the top. I just can’t help myself and it didn’t help that Primark have really stepped up their game this autumn. I was so impressed by not only their new layout of the store/branding which is a real improvement from their past branding campaigns I must say but by the clothing, particularly the shoes. They have a magnificent range of boots this season, perfect for day time to night time! I could have bought the full collection. Anyway, whilst wondering round I discovered their new Beauty section! I’ve seen a few pieces now and again when I’ve been in store but now they’ve released a face full of goodies for us and it’s fabulous!
I decided to get a few products including….
- A beautiful snake skin inspired make-up bag priced at only £4! I needed a new one for my travels which was going to be big enough to fit my essential beauty products plus my mini toiletries and this one fit the criteria. It has a waterproof thick lining within which is ideal especially when make-up/liquid is involved.
- Two PS…Lipsticks, one being Dessert Sand and the other being Candy Pink costing a little 90p! I loved the colours especially the sand shade since you can’t go wrong with a brown shading lips, a darker outline then the lippy always looks gorgeous on a pout. I wanted some lipsticks to just always have handy in my hand bag and these are ideal, plus a pink lippy is a must have to brighten your face up every now and again.
3. A PS…Pro Lipstick in shade Iconic Nude which is slightly more expensive totalling in at £3 (so not that expensive). I think you must extra pay for the fancy packaging and silver range to be honest but it does look pretty ha! This is a more moist lipstick and I bought it to see the difference between the two ranges.
4. A PS Pro Longwear Lip Liner Pen, I’ve actually never used a pen style lip liner so I was intrigued at the difference between the pen and a pencil! I can confirm this stayed on longer! I got a red shade rather than a one to match the Pro Lipstick as I have the Ruby Red Matte lipstick from MAC and find it chaps at the edges of my mouth so thought this might neaten it up and it does, score.
5. The PS…Brow Cream in dark brown and the PS Brow & Wax pencil in dark brown. I’m a pencil gal when it comes to eyebrows, my Mam’s been trying to convert me to cream since she bought the benefit brow cream a few months ago and don’t get me wrong it’s amazing and defiantly presents more definition BUT I use the pencil for quickness on a week day morning. Putting this aside I bought the brow cream to give it ago and it’s great, the mini sculpting brush included is a godsend because I have no idea what over brush I’d use if you just got the cream. The pencil is a little more like a crayon then a pencil, it’s thick which is good but doesn’t work well for the ends/finer ends of your brows but I’d still rate it if you have an eyebrow brush to comb through the fine ends.
In conclusion it’s a yes from me Primark cosmetics, budget and quality! I’ll be using their make-up day to day for my work looks. Make sure to check it out the next time you’re in store.